Job Title: Development and Marketing Manager
Salary & Benefits: Full-time; salary. Annual salary ranges from $40,000 to $45,000 and is commensurate with experience. Benefits include paid leave, 10 paid holidays, and employer-paid health, dental, vision, and life insurances.
Employer: Denver Indian Family Resource Center
Address: 1633 Fillmore St. GL2a, Denver, CO 80206
The Development and Marketing Manager is responsible for implementing the organization’s annuals goals and objectives for fundraising and marketing in support of Denver Indian Family Resource Center’s (DIFRC) mission to strengthen vulnerable American Indian and Alaska Native children and families through collaborative and culturally responsive services. The Development and Marketing Manager will work closely with the Executive Director and Fundraising Committee to develop and implement strategies for increased partnerships, revenue growth and marketing promotions.
The Development and Marketing Manager will be expected to contribute to DIFRC’s financial growth through grants, donations, and volunteers while implementing strategies to increase the organization’s visibility. The Development and Marketing Manager will enhance outreach and communication through numerous outlets including DIFRC’s website, social media, newsletters, and information booths. The Development and Marketing Manager reports directly to the Executive Director at DIFRC.
- Actively engage in prospect research, create outreach and contact strategies to accomplish annual fundraising/marketing goals.
- Maintain grant management system, ensuring that all deadlines and requirements are successfully met.
- Coordinate grant applications and reports, including collating information needed for the application or report, writing first drafts, editing final drafts, preparing budgets and other attachments, and submitting all necessary information.
- Maintain internal reporting systems for Executive Director and Board.
- Create annual contact strategy that includes cultivation and solicitations.
- Maintain donor database and execute all acknowledgements for gifts for Executive Director and Board.
- Oversee, design and execute all correspondence with donors.
- Create individual donor reports.
- Maintain internal systems for reporting, tracking donations and donor information.
- Support Colorado Gives Day Campaign.
- Coordinate end of year giving campaigns and annual events.
- Recruit, train, and organize volunteers to support DIFRC’s programs and events.
- Develop and execute with the Executive Director a comprehensive marketing plan that includes events, media relations, press releases, social networking, Annual Report, website, newsletters, and branding.
- Maintain, update, and improve DIFRC’s website and social media presence on Twitter, Facebook, etc…
- Create print newsletters, e-newsletters, flyers, and other marketing materials using Microsoft Publisher.
- Work closely with senior leadership team to develop Annual Report.’
- Coordinate logistics for fundraising events including venue, marketing, and tracking.
- Manage volunteers to support fundraising events.
- Procure monetary and in-kind donations to support fundraising events.
- Help develop short-term and long-term fundraising and marketing strategies for DIFRC.
- Coordinates outreach activities including campaign, donor and donation recruitment, and information booths.
- Provides updates at monthly all-staff meetings and as requested at weekly clinical team meetings.
- Completes internal documentation and maintains files of outreach, per agency policy and procedure. Contributes to the positive professional reputation of the agency.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university plus two years of related work experience in fundraising, grant writing, marketing, or other development-related activities; OR four years of related work experience.
- Possess extensive knowledge of American Indian/Alaska Native culture.
- Experience writing successful federal, state, and foundation-level grants.
- Creative, strategic, and organized thinker with the ability to coordinate multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional writing and oral communication skills.
- Skilled at establishing and cultivating strong relationships that translate to donors and volunteers.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and motivated.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Publisher, social media marketing, fundraising and contact management systems.
- Strong commitment and passion for DIFRC’s mission.
- Successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and insurance.
The position requires the following estimated allocation of time: 35% grant writing, 25% donor recruitment and management, 15% marketing activities, 10% volunteer recruitment and management, 5% outreach, and 5% other duties as assigned. Local and regional travel is required and estimated at 5% time allocation.
Instructions and Deadline:
Please send an electronic copy of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list subject as “Development and Marketing Manager.” Phone calls, walk-ins, standard mail, incomplete submissions, and/or faxed applications will NOT be considered.
The Development and Marketing Manager Application period closes on Monday, February 19 at 5:00 p.m. Mountain Daylight Time.