|Rental & Mortgage Assistance|
* Division of Local Affairs State Rental & Mortgage Assistance: Division of Local Affairs State Rental and Mortgage Assistance: https://cdola.colorado.gov/rental-assistance-agencies
* Denver Human Services Emergency Assistance (Pre-Application Form): https://denvergov.org/Government/Agencies-Departments-Offices/Agencies-Departments-Offices-Directory/Denver-Human-Services/Be-Supported/Additional-Assistance/Emergency-Assistance
* City/County of Denver Rent & Mortgage Assistance: https://www.denvergov.org/Government/Departments/Department-of-Housing-Stability/Resident-Resources/Rent-and-Utility-Assistance
* Jefferson County Human Services Emergency Rental & Mortgage Assistance: https://www.jeffco.us/4021/Emergency-Assistance-COVID-19
* COVID-19 Eviction Defense Project: cedproject.org
*Statewide Housing Resources: https://coloradohousingconnects.org/
* Adams County Maiker Housing Partners: https://maikerhp.org/
* Catholic Charities Emergency Assistance: https://ccdenver.org/emergency-assistance-denver/denver/
* Jewish Family Services: https://www.jewishfamilyservice.org/services/emergency-assistance-program
* Arapahoe County Motel Voucher Form: https://www.arapahoegov.com/FormCenter/Human-Services-11/CARES-Funding-Program-for-hotelmotel-vou-134
* Jefferson County Action Center: https://theactioncenter.org/get-help/
* Home | Rocky Mountain Mutual Aid Network (rmman.org)
|Community Resource Directories|
* Denver American Indian Commission 2020 Resource Guide: https://www.denvergov.org/Government/Departments/Human-Rights-Community-Partnerships/Commissions/American-Indian-Commission
* Mother Cabrini Shrine Directory: https://mothercabrinishrine.org/resources
* Metro Denver Homeless Initiative Dashboard: https://www.mdhi.org/needhelp
* Colorado Residents dial 3-1-1
* Denver County Residents dial 2-1-1
* Find Help: https://www.findhelp.org/
* Wellness Winnie: https://www.denvergov.org/Government/Departments/Public-Health-Environment/Community-Behavioral-Health/Behavioral-Health-Strategies/Wellness-Winnie
* Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) | Colorado Department of Human Services
* Colorado SNAP Outreach Toolkit.pdf – Google Drive
* Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) | Department of Public Health & Environment (colorado.gov)
* Homepage | CDPHE WIC (coloradowic.gov)
* Denver WIC Offices Colorado (womeninfantschildrenoffice.com)
* Food Bank of The Rockies | Colorado Food Bank (foodbankrockies.org)
* Spirit of the Sun- No Contact Food Share for Elders every Friday and Sunday 3-4pm MST
Pick up at 1290 North Williams Street. Denver, CO, 80218 tiny.cc/sotsfoodshare
|Child Care Assistance|
* Child care assistance | Colorado Department of Human Services
|Self-Care and Trauma Resources|
The National Native American Boarding School Healing Coalition
* Herbal Gardens Wellness,NPO
Access Point – Syringe Exchange – Colorado Health Network Inc.
Harm Reduction Action Center 303-572-7800
|Domestic Violence Resources|
* 24/7 confidential and anonymous culturally-appropriate domestic, dating and sexual violence helpline for Native Americans: https://www.strongheartshelpline.org
* Project *SafeGuard: https://psghelps.org/
Porch Light: https://www.porchlightfjc.org/
National Domestic Violence Hotline Call: 1-800-799-7233
Text: Text “START” to 88788
|Resources for Parents & Caring Adults|
Talking is Power!
Join Talking is Power: a Text Messaging Service for parents and caring adults, that shares “How to Talk to Youth About Sexual Health.”
Text “EMPOWER” to 97779 to get started!
Access all of the campaign’s tips and tools HERE.
Share the campaign on social media: Michelle’s GIF, Greg’s GIF
Resource for Youth: Home – Healthy Native Youth
Caring Messages The Caring Text Messaging Campaign is comprised of messages from people who care and they can help youth during hard times. We all can get down and feel like no one understands what we’re going through. One of the great things about being Native, is that we are all connected and can have each other’s back.
Text “CARING’’ to 65664 to receive regular reminders about how awesome you are from people who care!Share the campaign on social media: Lael’s GIF, Tommy’s GIF
Share our postcards and flyers: Postcard 1, Postcard 2, Flyer 1, Flyer 2
In crisis? It’s okay to reach out for help. Text the word “NATIVE” to 741-741 and you’ll be connected with a trained crisis counselor. From stress or anxiety to trauma or grief – they’re trained to listen. The service is free, confidential, and available 24/7. Share the campaign of social media: Post 1, Post 2, Post 3 Share our poster and rack card.
|Resources for Two Spirit and LGBTQ Youth||Celebrating Our Magic Toolkit is a culturally-specific resource for AI/AN communities and aims to provide resources for transgender and Two-Spirit youth, their relatives, and their healthcare providers. Check out the Youth Section of the guide.|
The Northwest Portland Area Indian Health Board has a Two Spirit and LGBTQ Health page that contains resources for youth, clinic providers, and allies.
Text LGBTQ2S to 97779 to receive resources via text message.
Order Indigenizing Love by the Western States Center.
Video 1 | Identity – Dr. Bell (Cherokee), a pediatrician in Seattle, digs into sexual and gender identity.
Video 2 | Internal & External Identity – Dr. Bell (Cherokee), a pediatrician in Seattle, talks about the important role that our internal and external identities play into how we are perceived and what happens when those identities do not match.
Video 3 | Terminology – Dr. Bell (Cherokee), a pediatrician in Seattle, digs into the terminology used for sexual and gender identity.
Video 4 | Ways to Support People’s Identities – Dr. Bell (Cherokee), a pediatrician in Seattle, digs into ways you can support people’s identities, including their sexual and gender identity.
2SLGBTQ Resource Sheet2
SLGBTQ Community Readiness Survey A tool to successfully integrate the voice, expertise, and resources from all community members to improve the health and well-being of our 2SLGBTQ youth.